Delivery Promise is the commitment made by companies to their customers regarding the time or date they can expect to receive their orders. It provides a clear and reliable estimate of when purchased products will be delivered, with automated workflows and communications to ensure customer expectations are met. Delivery Promise aims to build trust and loyalty, increase customer satisfaction and contribute to a seamless shopping experience.
Why should you implement Delivery Promise?
Increase customer satisfaction
Provide reliable inventory information and accurate delivery times that meet or exceed delivery expectations.
Improve online conversion rate
60% of online shoppers will abandon their cart if delivery options are unsatisfactory. (Source: Foundations of Tomorrow’s Retail)
Encourage repeat purchases
Positive delivery experiences can lead to repeat purchases. Satisfied customers are more likely to return to a retailer for future orders, increasing their lifetime value.
Unique OneStock features
Fully integrated Delivery Promise
OneStock is the only provider to offer a solution displaying a Delivery Promise on the product page and basket page, before checkout. This promise considers the size and weight of an order to select the best available carrier to transport the items and to display CO2 emissions.
OneStock’s OMS ensures a frictionless shopping journey with a same-day delivery option.
How can companies successfully implement Delivery Promise
What information does Delivery Promise provide to customers?
● Product description page: All available delivery options are displayed. The customer is also informed of the remaining time to benefit from the Delivery Promise shown for each delivery option (i.e. an order cut-off time).
● Shopping basket page: All delivery options, times, costs and carbon footprints can be displayed.
What if the delivery date cannot be met?
Why is Delivery Promise important for customers?
Does Delivery Promise apply to international orders?
What are the benefits of Delivery Promise?
● Positive brand perceptions: Thanks to a better experience with the brand throughout the ordering process, retailers who encourage customers to share their feedback on the delivery experience through customer satisfaction surveys or reviews will benefit from good ratings.
● Highlight sustainability initiatives: Brands offering eco-friendly delivery options can demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers
● Build customer loyalty: Turn a one-time purchase into a repeat customer by meeting the Promise made during the sales process.
● Improve customer experience: Make it easy for customers to find the information they need by displaying a full range of available delivery options
Which delivery methods can be displayed by Delivery Promise?
● Standard options: standard delivery, locker pickup
● Express options: express delivery, next-day delivery, same-day delivery
● Free options: free shipping, Click and Collect (BOPIS), curbside pickup
● Eco-friendly delivery: carbon-neutral shipping, hybrid delivery vehicles, bicycle deliveries
How can Delivery Promise support my CSR policy?
● Environmentally friendly packaging: with recyclable, biodegradable or compostable packaging materials
● Minimal packaging options: giving customers the option to receive their orders with minimal packaging or to opt out of unnecessary extras
● Consolidated shipping: to encourage customers to merge multiple orders into one shipment, reducing the number of carrier trips and emissions